Tuesday 4 September 2007

A whole week to think


I have the luxury of a whole week off work. An enormously swollen cheek and cute little black eye, accompanied by occasional nose bleeds (all four wisdom teeth out yesterday morning) is a small price to pay.

I'm taking advantage of my housebound status to finish waxing the Korean windows which are all set to become a coffee table as soon as I find a good leg solution and to do some thinking about colours. I'm going to have to make colour decisions about the bathroom pretty soon.

At the moment, the floor is dark grey marble-effect tiles and everything else is turquoise. We're talking floor-to-ceiling, surround-sound, ovalish tiles in deep-sea turquoise, set off by a turquoise door. It's an indoor bathroom too, so there isn't even a window to remind you that you're not twenty-thousand leagues under the sea.


Clearly, I'm going to be taking a break from that particular shade of blue. White tiles around the bath are in. For the moment. Floor will be... um? Untiled bits of wall will be... er? I'm on a bit of a beige vibe at the moment but by tomorrow I'll probably be back to green.


Make my mind up time is on its way, however. Another contractor came round today to give me a quote on the plumbing and electrical work that needs done and the third company is coming tomorrow morning. Once I've got the quotes in from them and the charming Mr Kitten - who came a couple of weeks ago but has still to send his doubtless terrifying quote - it'll be time to go cap-in-hand to the bank and get started as soon as possible. Even taking short showers I'm having to empty about half a litre of water from the leak under the plughole, and that clearly isn't the only leak on the go as the raggedy concrete under the bath is still wet and getting wetter. Oh, and mushroom number three popped up today - just time to say hello to the contractor before he got his marching orders and disappeared binwards.

No comments: