Monday 11 August 2008

One day, I will finish my kitchen windows.

But for the moment, I'll just keep on sanding away. Lots of sanding last night and tonight - I'm now just about ready to oil the easy half and am in the middle of a little experiment with the iron-protector cream, which is really more like shoe polish than anything else, to see how it copes with rust.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of that and of gorgeous beaches as soon as I get them off my camera and sorted out. In the meantime, here's a photo of the little blanket I knitted for my newest nephew:


Not remotely complicated, but quite pretty for all its simplicity and I think my brother and sister-in-law were pleased. My nephew responded with a small vomit, but given that he doesn't have a lot of other ways of expressing himself yet, I'll take that as a positive...

Here's my very first video post. Doesn't show the full glory of the beaches, but heck, what could be cooler than an airport where the plane has been known to be put in a holding pattern, not because there aren't any landing slots, but because there's a fat seal lying in the middle of the beach. :)


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Berneray; am one of several residents who found your blog.

From several years of feedback from vistors here (and people who didn't visit here), it isn't the coldness of the sea that prevents mass tourism. It's the crippling cost and very limited travel options of getting here.

The two tiny planes per day of summer, will soon give way to the one tiny plane of winter (and the tranfer to a less reliable operator). Blackpool this place will never be.