Sunday 28 October 2007

Soup

Mmmm. My lovely friends gave me a kickass blender and a shiny toaster (with toasted sandwich option - hurray) for my birthday/house-warming.
It's been kind of grey and chilly today so I figured it was time to overcome my illogical acclimatisation issues, at least for the blender, and make some soup. I have no idea why, but I very rarely use things right when I get them. Instead, I sit and look at them for a period that usually lasts several months, if not a year or so. No problem for me, but for people giving presents it can look like good old-fashioned "don't like it".
Seeing as I do like my presents, very much, I thought I'd make a special effort. I unpacked them after only three weeks and today, three months to the day after I received it, I put the blender through its paces. It's great.




I'll be checking the quantities more closely next time though. Smooth, velvety sweet potato and white bean soup is a good thing but that is a LOT of soup. I think I'll be inviting my colleagues round for lunch tomorrow....



And now, time to show a little respect for the blender and do the washing up. J fixed the kitchen light last night, working out that it had died because the connection was rusty then being a good trusting fellow and sticking a knife in to scrape it clean, so I have proper light for the first time in three weeks. Next step will be working out why my bedroom light is so skittish.

No comments: