Tuesday 30 October 2007

Blowing up a bed was never so much fun

My experiment with the worryingly backstreet website Triway / Boutique TV has turned out Just Fine. Last Thursday, I clicked "send" on the page with my credit card details and wondered how long it would take until my account was cleaned out. Turns out old style sites that rely rather too heavily on "As seen on TV" to convince you of their merits can be trustworthy. This afternoon, a big fat box was delivered to my work and, one rather heavy walk home later, I unpacked my first ever Aerobed. So much fun. There's a super-powerful built-in motor so my king premier inflated in two shakes of a lamb's tail and I was able to spend a happy few minutes lolling around, lying on the edges to try (and fail) to make them squish and tip me off. Looks like my old school friend who's visiting in a couple of weeks will get a decent night's sleep after all. She'll never know just what a narrow escape she had from "snuggle up on the other side of my bed, darling, don't mind if I kick you".

Even better news, I'm a soup-free zone. Five of my workmates bravely trudged through the rain up to mine yesterday lunchtime and polished off the whole pot. Nice friendly little lunch. Oh, and my friendly Pole phoned yesterday. He apologised profusely for being late to send his quote but at least he's still in the picture, which is a relief. Here's hoping I get electricity before Christmas.

No comments: