Sunday 5 October 2008

Almost there.

I'm hoping to get back home tomorrow night, or Tuesday at the latest. Things have come on great bounds in the last week and I'm really delighted with how it's looking so far. A few things that haven't turned out quite how I'd imagined, but no disasters. And still lots of work of a patching/painting variety to do, of course, but that's for me to get stuck into.

They left the electricity and the water off again this weekend so paint stripping wasn't really an option (I had to make an epic kitchen-ordering trip to IKEA anyway and, to be honest, I wasn't really in the mood anyway) but I did remove the broken tile on the bathroom floor and prepare one of the old baseboard tiles to plug the gap.

Lots of photos to come (of the flat and of the fantastic weekend I spent last week in Brittany with friends from work - bliss :) ), but I don't have my computer with me at this flat so they'll have to wait.

No comments: